Thank you for choosing to look into the windows of my mind, heart, and soul. I hope the views are inviting.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Family of Robins


We have babies! Yesterday one of the robins hatched.

This morning the other one was sitting in the nest. Or being SAT ON in the nest! It looks like we've got a sibling slumber party.


I don't know what happened to the two other eggs. I have looked around the ground beneath the nest, but there is no evidence of dropped eggs or baby birds. Nature takes care of life and death somehow---it is a mystery.

Mom and Dad Robin were VERY protective this morning. I was almost attacked at my truck by one of them. I don't think they are very interested in the photos I am taking! They were not only very vocal toward me, but they both swooped down at me, long after I had left the vicinity of the nest!

More updates as more feathers appear.

4 Comments:

Blogger Blythe Lane said...

Was wondering about the baby hatchings. Maybe you should wear a construction hat for the next few days? :-)

11:47 AM

 
Blogger Carmen said...

How exciting! Thanks for sharing the pics.

3:58 PM

 
Blogger mariscolgan said...

a construction hat would be good. pointy beaks hurt, you know. the little baby birds are sweet:)

8:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello hello. alethea? one of my best friends is named aleatha.

I enjoyed reading your blog tonight, the birds and everything else.
I think I will try to go squirrel fishing next weekend, it looks incredible.

-jesse

12:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home