Thank you for choosing to look into the windows of my mind, heart, and soul. I hope the views are inviting.

Friday, February 24, 2006

My view from this playground

A blog friend tagged me. Here's what I see from my spot in life:

Seven things to do before I die:

1. travel around the world in whatever amount of time I want with someone i love
2. thru-hike the Appalachian Trail with a community of people or have people i love join me for sections of the journey
3. enjoy a husband and children
4. be an actress in one major motion picture (comedy)
5. do a cartwheel down a grocery store aisle
6. start a children's museum in my hometown
7. carve my name in a tree and find a message floating in a bottle (ok...I cheated there...I know)

Seven Things I Cannot Do:

1. cartwheels
2. fly a kite
3. dance
4. talk about things that require seeing relationships in math
5. save money
6. jump out of airplanes
7. remember specific things about movies or fiction books


Seven Things That (Would Be) Attract(ive) (to) Me (in a potential) Mate

1. moves toward god
2. willing to connect with his heart and the heart of others
3. likes to repair drywall, change spark plugs, and do the bills
4. leaves surprise love notes in the lunch I take to work
5. listens and wants to be listened to
6. laughs from his gut
7. passionate about something in life (in addition to me, of course)


Seven Things I Say:

1. Ok, the bell just rang. You need to clear off your desks and fill out your planner.
2. do you know what I mean?
3. shoobiddee shoobidee
4. sure
5. pass you papers in (this is to be sung aloud)
6. ahhbidee ahhbidee ahhbidee
7. you need to put that note away or i'm going to tear it up into a million little pieces and snort it up my nose!

6 Comments:

Blogger Blythe Lane said...

Laughing here. Can I just say that I'm soooo glad I'm not a teacher. All you guys amaze me.

2:53 PM

 
Blogger Eaglewing said...

Hi, Eaglewing here. Dropping by via Blythe's blog. Thanks for your questions over there. I wanted to post a reply to them on your blog, but didn't find this till after (D'oh!), so I posted a reply on Blythe Lane's blog instead. Still getting used to the blog-speaking :)

Btw, if you ever do a cartwheel down a grocery aisle, post some pics of it :)

4:15 PM

 
Blogger stace said...

Okay, I really want to know more about your desire to start a children's museum in your hometown...
Why a children's museum? Why your hometown? How did this desire develop? Can you point to a specific moment in time when this hope awoke? Curious...

3:12 PM

 
Blogger stace said...

The picture of you snorting the little pieces of a note made me laugh out loud! How fun! I'll bet your students laughed, too, even if only internally and even if they didn't realize they were----I remember what it was like to be a cool student that age....ugh.

3:23 PM

 
Blogger alethea said...

mira's mom...hometown is here...not childhood home. I think it is a dream that is bigger than the Snow Cone Lady, but from the same place. I think it would be an amazing gift to this community. I've got a lot of ideas of what this gift could look like.

1:59 PM

 
Blogger stace said...

I'd love to hear more! here or in person. Keep dreaming!

6:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home