Thank you for choosing to look into the windows of my mind, heart, and soul. I hope the views are inviting.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Picture the World

Here's an invitation to visit MSN PICTURES OF THE WEEK.
You can sign up to recieve weekly emails linking you to the site. I love looking through these each week. I find so many things I enjoy in the pictures---whether it is the angle, the subject matter, the irony, or surprise...I always find at least one of the pictures that really impacts me. At the very end of the slideshow you are invited to vote for one of the pictures. I take my vote really seriously; it's really interesting. This may seem simplistic, but I made the rule for myself that my vote will go to the picture that evoked the most emotion from me. If there is not specific emotion that over rides all other emotions, then I vote for the most artistic photo or most unusual. Once you vote, you are shown the rankings of the pictrures to that point. You kind of get to see how your vote impacted the group vote.

This is the photo I voted for this week. As soon as I saw it I had an emotional response. You'd have to be dead not to! Here's the story that goes with this amazing shot:

"Anthony Enso, 23, hugs his son Anthony Enso Jr. at a hospital...on Feb. 19, after the 1-year-old was rescued from the mudslides that buried the nearby village of Guinsaugan two days before."

What a redeeming moment in this for this little one and his father! What a loving moment.

5 Comments:

Blogger Blythe Lane said...

That's really cool. I'm going to have to check this out...

On a lighter note, you've been tagged!
http://welcometomylittlecorneroftheworld.blogspot.com/2006/02/7-things-tagged.html

11:46 PM

 
Blogger Jenni said...

I voted for holy moly! It a scary picture to me. The child's facial expression is one of fear, panic, terror, even death. I think given what is happening (the child being dipped into the Ganges river to 'cleanse him' him from sin) the spiritual realities are blaring. The terror, panic and fear that keeps so many in this part of the world captive is overwhelming. This picture says it all for me and makes me cry out on their behalf.

12:11 AM

 
Blogger Carmen said...

I was torn between three, but ended up voting for A Burden no Mother should Bear. What a face of grief! I cannot even fathom!

8:20 AM

 
Blogger Blythe Lane said...

I also voted for A Burden No Mother should Bear. UGH...gripped my heart. Makes me think about the eternal realities many other places are facing during these times without probably any Hope at all. It deeply grieves me.

9:07 AM

 
Blogger Heather said...

I may have to check out these pics more often. Thanks for the info.
It was fun to see you in person yesterday...hope it happens more often. :)
Other thoughts I have on the pics...all those pictures and the one in 2nd place is the 1-horse open sleigh? I don't get it.
I do love 'the Czech jumped over the sun', I love Olympic ski jumping, it's crazy!
Alas, I voted for Holy Moly! b/c the child's face captures so many emotions, and artisitcally I love how the photo captures the water running over the child as he is pulled out. Also the picture drew my heart to pray for the Hindu children that they would one day know truth.

10:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home