Thank you for choosing to look into the windows of my mind, heart, and soul. I hope the views are inviting.

Friday, September 01, 2006

I AM HERE

yes. i am here.

i'm on my hands and knees.

coughing.

taste of blood on my cut lip.



first, a blow to the jaw

next, shoved to the ground

finally

kicked in the gut.

the wind,

my last breath,

knocked out of me.



from here i see the sky

clouds scroll above

swimming through a blue mute canvas.

I can hear kids playing in the park.



blink.

blink.

blink.

tears run down the side of my face

landing in the dust

with no sound.



where am i?

why did that happen?

who am i?

when will help come?



im on my hands and knees

filling my lungs with breaths of air

taste of blood and dust in my mouth



yes. im here.


i'm about to stand up.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carmen said...

wow, i'm intrigued Alethea.

11:27 PM

 
Blogger alethea said...

Me too, Mckenna. Thanks for stopping by.

9:16 AM

 
Blogger Jill Pole said...

Ummm...Roomie....Are you okay???

8:27 PM

 
Blogger alethea said...

Umm...yeah. Didn't mean for my writing to be shocking. Just tried to capture a feeling. It really wasn't planned--just a "let it flow" kind of moment.

9:31 PM

 
Blogger mariscolgan said...

let it flow...thank you.

3:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home