Thank you for choosing to look into the windows of my mind, heart, and soul. I hope the views are inviting.

Monday, January 02, 2006

The Heart of a Happy New Year 2006!

Happy New Year! Can you believe that it's 2006??!!!

I will share this really intense poem I re-read recently. It was one of the most memorable and impacting poems I read while in college many years ago. I re-read it for the first time a couple of days ago. May God have entrance into this heart in need of mending, so that He may regain control of the overthrown parts. Ravish Your love and grace upon my heart!

Ponder this poem:

BATTER MY HEART
Holy Sonnet XIV
John Donne

Batter my heart, three-person'd God, for you
As yet knock, breathe, shine, and seek to mend;
That I may rise and stand, o'erthrow me, and bend
Your force to break, blow, burn, and make me new.
I, like an usurp'd town to another due,
Labor to admit you, but oh, to no end;
Reason, your viceroy in me, me should defend,
But is captiv'd, and proves weak or untrue.
Yet dearly I love you, and would be lov'd fain,
But am betroth'd unto your enemy;
Divorce me, untie or break that knot again,
Take me to you, imprison me, for I,
Except you enthrall me, never shall be free,
Nor ever chaste, except you ravish me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jill Pole said...

Beautiful, beautiful. Oh, to be enthralled... I pray that this is true for both of us. What an incredible reminder.

11:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home